Hard drive data recovery
The different types of hard drive failures
When your hard drive breaks down, you can simply replace it with a new one. But when it contains very important professional or personal data you need to recover that data. Whether the problem with your hard drive is of a logical or a physical nature, TuniLab engineers can restore your data in record time. Thanks to our state of the art equipment and our technical know-how, we can help.
TuniLab is the pioneer of data recovery companies in Tunisia. We work with companies of all sizes as well as individuals and help them recover their data from all types of storage media.
Our experienced engineers are equipped with the best and the latest tools to carry out their work. They have successfully completed thousands of data recovery operations, thereby recovering Petabytes of data. Whether the problem is hardware or software, there is a good chance that TuniLab can recover your lost data.
We take the security of your information seriously. So rest assured that the data on your hard drive is kept confidential at all times.
Physical failureMechanical or Electronical
- In the event of a physical failure, the hard drive or storage medium no longer works or does not function normally, which leads to loss of data and files.
- Symptoms of a physical failure
- The hard drive is not recognized by the computer and by the BIOS
- clicking sound
- The data contained on the storage medium is inaccessible
- Electronic failure (motor does not rotate)
- The causes:
- Physical shocks
- Electrical surge
- Reading heads crash
- Damaged motor
- Normal disc wear
- Damaged magnetic disc surface
Logical failuresLess severe than physical failure
- The storage medium is functioning normally, but some files or data are inaccessible or lost.
- A logical failure can usually be resolved without performing a clean room recovery or exchange of one of the hard drive components.
- Symptoms of a logic failure
- Defective partition tables
- Corrupted file system
- Hard drive formatting
- Deleting files or erasing data
- Loss of a hard drive partition
- Computer virus or ransomware
- The causes
- A voluntary or involuntary human error
- Downloaded file contained virus or ransomware
- Improper handling of system files
- The deletion of data following the departure of an employee
Practices to Avoid in the Event of a Hard Drive Failure
After the failure, interventions and handling of the disk by uninformed users can prove fatal to the data. Rather than recovering your data, these ill-advised attempts could hinder the recovery and irrevocably lose the data.
After an accident that causes the hard drive to fail, some people call in technicians with little or no qualification.
Among the bad practices we noticed, we cite:
- Opening the disc and exposing the platters in an unsuitable environment
- Doing the recovery from the damaged or formatted disk onto the same disk.
- Putting the hard drive in the fridge
- Using questionable and unsuitable software to recover data
- Examining the interior of the disc without the appropriate tools and expertise
- We recommend that you always entrust your data to recovery professionals who know what they are doing and protect your data.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of media do you support?
We support almost all types of drives: SATA, IDE, SCSI, SAS, SSD, disk grouping in RAID etc ... We also support most storage media.
What are the stages of your recovery service?
We collect failed drives for diagnostic purposes. Once the diagnosis is complete, we send a quote to the customer and notify them by phone. Once the quote has been accepted, we proceed to recover the data.
How much does data recovery cost?
To find out the amount of the packages corresponding to your problem Contact Us
How do you ensure the confidentiality of the documents you process?
We ensure total traceability and confidentiality of ALL documents and media that reach us, from their delivery in person until their return to the customer. Our systems comply with the latest security standards (surveillance cameras, secure equipment, user rights). In addition, each employee must sign a confidentiality agreement before being recruited by TuniLAB. Our security extends even to the software level: all our devices are secured by software and by access rights. Finally, our premises are guarded 24/7.
My drive has crashed, should I try to fix it myself?
It is strongly recommended to consult a specialist before taking any action. We have had to deal with disks that have undergone interventions that made the data unrecoverable for good. Hard disks are sensitive and very fragile equipment, an expertise is necessary to be able to handle them.
My drive has a physical problem, can you recover the data?
TUNILAB has the necessary equipment and know-how to perform physical data recovery. Our laboratory provides the necessary conditions for opening the discs and replacing the different parts that make it up.
How much does the diagnosis cost?
Diagnosis is free if the disc has not been opened or manipulated
How can I send my hard drive to your laboratory?
You can bring your storage media in person, via a carrier or by express mail.
Monday-Friday: 8:00 – 17:30
(+216) 93 069 820